As part of the NHS Sign up to Safety initiative, the practice pledges to:
- Put Safety First: Making a commitment to put the safety of patients a high priority
- Continually learn: Review incident reporting to ensure learning points, lessons as well as feedback from patients and staff, help to make the practice more resilient to risks.
- Be Honest: Ensure we are open and transparent about our progress tackling patient safety issues. If something goes wrong, support our staff to be candid with patients and their families.
- Collaborate: Actively collaborating with others locally, sharing ideas and innovations with a view to improving services across the locality, county and nationally.
- Be supportive: Rewarding and recognising staff efforts, celebrating progress towards safer care, helping the team to understand why things go wrong and how to put them right. Giving the team time, resources and support.